The Modewarre fire station is open! With an investment of $ 2.08 million this new fire station will benefit the Modewarre brigade and the wider community with the construction of a fit-for-purpose facility.
The new Modewarre fire station will provide:
- Three generously sized engine bays with drive through access, providing ample space for modern appliances
- Multi-purpose room for meetings and training
- Enhanced kitchen and laundry facilities
- Well-equipped office space
- Improved safety features such as equipment storage and Breathing Apparatus (BA) cleaning facilities.
The Modewarre Fire Brigade was first registered with CFA in 1946. The Brigade, located in District 07 and forming part of the Winchelsea Group, provides support to neighbouring response areas and responds to grass/scrub, structural fires and motor vehicle accidents. The brigade also plays a critical role in preventing grassfires from moving south into the Otway National Park forest.
We thank the brigade members and all members of the CFA for the critical role they play in keeping our communities safe. We look forward to this great facility's completion.